Telephone: (224) 800-1351
DAVID SAXE is an Arlington Heights divorce attorney and school law attorney who brings a diverse background and more than two decades of professional experience to bear on his representation of individuals, families, and children. Before founding Saxe Law LLC, David worked for two highly regarded law firms and supported the Illinois State Bar Association's Family Law Section Council in drafting important legislation concerning parentage, child and spousal support, parental responsibilities, parenting time, and access to school student records.
Prior to becoming an attorney, David worked as a psychologist and administrator for two nationally recognized school districts. In these roles he evaluated students to assist in determining special education eligibility; negotiated and drafted IEPs and Section 504 plans, engaged in student data analysis and progress monitoring; developed, implemented, and evaluated intervention programs and services, oversaw student discipline processes; and endeavored, above all else, to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of his students. Additionally, David's understanding of family systems is enhanced by his experiences as a father of five amazing school-aged children.
Based on his diverse background and experiences, combined with a resolute commitment to client-centered and solution-focused representation, David is an Arlington Heights divorce attorney and school law attorney who is uniquely positioned to support and guide you through some of life's more difficult challenges related to marriage, parenting, and ensuring that your child's educational needs are met.
Degrees, Licenses, & Certifications
• Admitted to the Bar of the State of Illinois
• Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, Northern Illinois University
• Doctor of Education, Loyola University Chicago
• Specialist in School Psychology, Illinois State University
• Bachelor of Arts, Illinois Wesleyan University
• Collaborative Law Fellow, Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
• Mediation Skills Certificate, Northwestern University
• Professional Educator License, Illinois State Board of Education
• “Reforming the Processes for Challenging Voluntary Acknowledgments of Paternity,” with Jeffrey A. Parness, 92 Chicago Kent Law Review 3 (2017).
• “Illinois Parentage Disestablishments After A.A. and the 2015 Parentage Act,” with Jeffrey A. Parness, DuPage County Bar Association Brief, 22 (2016).
• “Illinois Parentage Act of 2015: What is New; What is Borrowed,” with Margaret Bennett & Angela Peters, Available at http://www.cookcountycourt.org (October 2015).
• “The relationship between transformational leadership and the emotional and social competence of the school leader,” Dissertations. Paper 63. (2011).
• “Are we really doing all we can for our undergraduates? Professional socialization via out-of-class experiences,” with Kathleen McKinney & Laura Cobb, Teaching Sociology, 26, 1-13 (1998).
• 10/2018 — "School Advocacy and Education Law in Your Counseling Practice" Clinical Care Consultants: Chicago Area Therapist Networking Event, Arlington Heights, IL.
• 2/2018 — "House Bill 4113 Presumed Equal Parenting Time" CLII West Suburban Practice Group, Oak Brook, IL.
• 3/2012 — “Race to Nowhere Revisited” Holy Family Catholic Academy Parent Association, Inverness, IL.
• 3/2011 — “Bringing SEL to Life in One Illinois High School” National Association of School Psychologists, San Francisco, CA.
• 10/2010 — “Teaching and Assessing Social-Emotional Learning at SHS,” Hinsdale District 86 Administrator Academy, Hinsdale, IL.
• 1/2007 — “Depression in Children and Adolescents,” Center for Inner Peach and Hope, Inverness, IL.
• 1/2006 — “Anxiety Issues in Children and Adolescents,” Center for Inner Peace and Hope, Inverness, IL.
• American Bar Association
• Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
• DuPage County Bar Association
• Illinois State Bar Association
• International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
• Northwest Suburban Bar Association
• Bridge Youth and Family Services
• Exodus World Service
• Palatine Food Pantry
• Willow Creek CARE Center